Halifax's Private Golf Membership
As we hit a new decade, there’s plenty of exciting milestones for Ashburn and great opportunities to engage with new members. In 2020, the New Course turns 50, and the Old Course, located in the heart of Halifax, will open all 18 holes with new state-of-the-art bentgrass greens and renovated bunkers.
That’s plenty to celebrate, but Ashburn’s membership program is evolving as well. Our Intermediate category has undergone an exciting change—with the category now including those between the age of 19 and 40.
Click on the cover of our booklet below to learn more about membership at Ashburn.
Gold members have full access to all of Ashburn’s facilities at its two courses, as well as access to its extensive club reciprocal program.
Gold Spousal Members: Partners of existing members who at one time paid a full playing entrance fee, can join as a Gold member for a reduced entrance fee of $2,500. Gold member's partners are entitled to all playing privileges of the club. New couples who join together in the Gold category enjoy a reduced entrance fee of $7,500 (savings of $2,500). Please note we are using CRA's definition of Spouse and Common-law partner to define Partner.
Ashburn has a very active program for golfers between the ages of 10 and 18, with more than 200 golfers in this age group participating in the club. Ashburn has been engaged with junior and amateur golf throughout the history of the club, and provides significant teaching and training opportunities for new golfers, as well as those playing competitively. The program is led by Jeff MacDonald and Kyle Scott, of MacDonald Scott Golf.
Juniors may play at the following times:
• Both Courses—weekdays after 9 am
• Old Course—weekends and holidays after 1 pm
• New Course—weekends and holidays after 2 pm
• Practice facilities both courses—weekends and holidays after 1 pm
• Juniors age 7 to 9 may play with a parent who is a member on Thursday, Saturday, and Sunday after 6 pm.
New Intermediate Offering
Our Intermediate category has undergone an exciting change—with the category including those between the age of 19 and 40. Previously our Intermediate category only covered those 19 to 30, and the change to our membership offering demonstrates Ashburn’s commitment to providing an engaged and vibrant club. Our Intermediate category offers those new to the game or the working into their careers the opportunity to join one of Canada’s most prestigious private clubs for a significantly reduced initiation fee that can be paid over three years.
Social and Non-resident Members
Social and Non-resident members have unrestricted access to the clubhouse facilities for social and business purposes, as well as to social functions hosted by the club. Social membership is available to those who reside in Nova Scotia, non-resident membership is only available to individuals who live outside Nova Scotia.
Ashburn has reciprocal agreements with 10 golf courses that offer exceptional value for full playing members who wish to golf while travelling. Ashburn playing members play for free, and can bring guests who will pay the club’s guest rate.
The Riverside Golf and Country Club (New Brunswick)
Beaconsfield Golf Club (Montreal)
Point Grey Golf and Country Club (Vancouver)
The Glencoe Golf and Country Club (Calgary)
The Royal Ottawa Golf Club (Gatineau)
The Ladies Golf Club of Toronto (Ontario)
The Mad River Golf Club (Ontario)
The London Hunt & Country Club (Ontario)
Royal Colwood (Victoria)
Victoria Golf Club (Victoria)
Bayview Golf & Country Club (Toronto)
Download a membership application.
For more information on membership, contact, Barbara Jessome – Director of Communications and Membership at email@example.com
2020 Membership Pricing
|Membership Category||Annual Dues||Entrance Fees Full Payment||Entrance Fee – Two Year Option||Entrance Fee – Three Year Option|
|GOLD – No restrictions on play||$2,790||$5,000||$2,500 – See note 1||$1,666.67 – See note 1|
|GOLD COUPLE – No restrictions on play||$5,580||$7,500||$3,750 – See note 1||$2,500 – See note 1|
|INTERMEDIATE A (19-24 yrs) – No play during 1st crossover on weekends/holidays at the New Course – See note 2||$1,233||$1,500||$750 – See note 1||$500 – See note 1|
|INTERMEDIATE B (25-30 yrs) – No play during 1st crossover on weekends/holidays at the New Course – See note 2||$1,644||$2,000||$1,000 – See note 1||$667 – See note 1|
|INTERMEDIATE C (31-35 yrs) – No play during 1st crossover on weekends/holidays at the New Course – See note 3||$2,055||$2,500||$1,250 – See note 1||$834 – See note 1|
|INTERMEDIATE D (36-40 yrs) No play during 1st crossover on weekends/holidays at the New Course||$2,466||$3,000||$1,500 – See note 1||$1000 – See note 1|
|MEMBER’S PARTNER – Restriction by category Must reside at the same address.||See note 4||See note 4|
|JUNIOR (10-18 yrs) – Restricted before 9 a.m. weekends & holidays: New Course after 2 p.m., Old Course after 1 p.m.||$670||$525|
|PRE-JUNIOR (7-9 yrs) – Children of existing members only, no play before 2pm weekdays, no play before 4pm weekends, must play/practice with a parent/grandparent||$335||See note 5|
|SOCIAL||$430 – See note 9||$525|
|SOCIAL PARTNER – Partners of Gold members. Must reside at the same address.||$430 – See notes 6/9|
|SOCIAL (30 yrs and under)||$230 – See note 9||$525|
|NON-RESIDENT – Must reside outside of N.S.||$230 – See note 9||$5,000||$2,500 – See note 1||$1,666.67 – See note 1|
NOTES: All prices quoted are subject to 15% HST.
1. Entrance fees are to be paid in full, or you may choose to spread the payments over two to three years. If you leave the Club before your obligation is complete you will be required to pay the remaining portion(s).
2. Golfers in Intermediate categories A and B who wish to play in the 1st crossover on weekends/holidays at the New Course may pay a $200 fee to access that playing time.
3. Golfers in Intermediate category C who wish to play in the 1st crossover on weekends/holidays at the New Course may pay a $400 fee to access that playing time.
4. Partners of playing members (Gold/all Intermediate) who join a playing category will be charged half of the entrance fee associated with that category. The reduced entrance fee is to be paid in full. Partners will pay the yearly dues rate of the category that they join.
5. Pre-Juniors who choose to stay with the Club will be charged the Junior entrance fee once they attain the age of ten by March 1st.
6. Partners of Gold members may join as Social with no entrance fee. Should they choose to join as a full playing member, the appropriate entrance fee and yearly dues will be charged. Social members have a yearly $100 food and beverage minimum.
7. There is a Minimum Food & Beverage charge (before tax & gratuity) for the following categories: Gold/Partner $450 each, Gold Couple $450 each, Intermediate A $150, Intermediate B $300, Intermediate C $350, Intermediate D $400, and $100 for all Social members over 30. All minimums must be charged to your account annually between November 1st and October 31st. Any remaining balance will be invoiced.
8. The practice facility, club cleaning and storage, and pull cart privileges are included in your dues for the playing categories. Electronic caddies and personal pull carts can be stored for a fee at either Pro Shop, based on availability.
9. Social/Non-Resident members are entitled to play six times per year paying a green fee each time. For reduced priced green fees you can pre-purchase your six for $400 + HST. For $650+ HST you will receive six green fees plus use of the Practice Facility with the exception being on Weekends/Holidays before 12 noon. Green fees must be used in the year they are purchased.
10. There is a $15 compulsory fee for all playing ladies for the Women’s Division operating expenses.